Code On Time release 188.8.131.52 introduces the significant enhancements to Touch UI.
Vertical grid lines are now displayed in the grid view style be default. Developers can selectively hide the vertical lines in the grids and the horizontal lines in both forms and grids.
Label icons are now supported. Tag the data field with the label-icon- tag and include the icon name in it. The icon will be displayed next to the field value instead of the text label. For example, the tag label-icon-work-outline will assign the material icon work_outline to the Title data field in the screenshot.
The vertical navigation menu rendered in the sidebar will display the icons assigned to the page. The vertical rendering of the navigation menu in the sidebar and sliding panels feature the collapse/expand buttons next to the menu items with the children. Only the node of the current page is expanded by default to conserve the vertical space.
The app toolbar displays the text of the left most "icon" button if there is no button bar in the form. This provides a mode of presentation on small form factor found in modern mobile operating systems.
Command New Row is now implemented. It will activate the inline editing mode and scroll the view to the very bottom while placing the input focus on the "new row" template marked with the "plus" icon.
The 3rd party icon web fonts can be now configured in the app.
The following features are introduced along with the numerous bug fixes:
- (Touch UI) Fully-functional animated main menu is displayed in the sidebar and context panels with the ability to expand/collapse items while maintaining the vertically scrolling of the panel.
- (Touch UI) Option ui.menu.autoExpand controls the state of the navigation menu. The default value is current causing the current menu node to display in the expanded state while the remaining items with the children are collapsed. Set the value to "all" to force all items to expand. Set the value to false to prevent the current menu node from being expanded.
- (Charts) Fetching of calendar data will not cause an exception when the data view has changed and is not available at the time of the attempt to fetch.
- (Touch UI) Optimized the fitting of buttons in the form toolbar for speed and precision.
- (Reading Pane) Button with the "Close" icon is displayed on the left side of the reading pane detail toolbar to allow quick closing to the detail pane.
- (Touch UI) The toolbar of the sidebar is hidden if the settings button is disabled and the menu is positioned in the sidebar when it is fully expanded.
- (Touch UI) Page name is displayed in the accent color on toolbar when the menu location is in the sidebar. The color changes to neutral when the reading pane detail is visible.
- (Touch UI) Menu items show the icons when the location of the menu is in the sidebar. Primary page icons are not displayed in the toolbar of the sidebar when the sidebar is fully expanded since the menu items are visible.
- (Touch UI) Compact styling of the context values of the current master record when rendered in the sidebar.
- (Calendar) Calendar events visually reflect the end time of the event instead of displaying the event with the fixed height.
- (Framework) Client-side business rules returning a deferred object will not perform a duplicate invocation of the method. The flow of execution will continue if the deferred object is resolved.
- (Touch UI) Fixed incorrect bottom border color of the app name in the context panel.
- (Touch UI) The leading header text is now displayed in the sliding panels if header is the first item in the context.
- (Touch UI) Field labels are now displayed with the font size of 12 in all display densities for a consistent presentation in grid/list/cards/panels/sidebars.
- (Touch UI) Fixed incorrect position of "dropped" chevron in the lookups.
- (Touch UI) Focused item outline remains visible in list box/radio button list, and checkbox list when the input is focused.
- (Touch UI) Setting ui.form.lines.horizontal set to false and the tag form-lines-horizontal-none will hide the horizontal lines in the forms.
- (Touch UI) Setting ui.form.lines.input set to true and the tag form-lines-input will show an solid outline around the text inputs.
- (Touch UI) Frozen part of the grid row with the averages will display with the same background color as the rest of the grid.
- (Touch UI) Fixed incorrect "new row" execution under certain conditions in the summary views.
- (Touch UI) Eliminated the erratic horizontal scrolling when the item in the list box, radio button list, and check box list with the large number of items.
- (Touch UI) Placeholder "Optional" is displayed in the nullable field values when the horizontal lines are hidden in the forms.
- (Universal Input) Keyboard navigation in radio button list, list box, and check box list is handling the focus transition correctly when Left and Right buttons are pressed on the keyboard.
- (Touch UI) Tag gird-lines-horzontal-none applied to a data view on the page will hide the horizonal lines in the grid presentation style.
- (Touch UI) Option ui.grid.lines.horizontal will hide the horizontal lines in the data grids globally if set to false.
- (Touch UI) Selection of the main menu item on the toolbar will switch the "selected" state to it while the selected URL is being loaded.
- (Touch UI) Click on the app toolbar menu options will immediately switch the selection in the menu as the page loads to provide a faster selection feedback.
- (Touch UI) Simplified the horizontal scrolling in the grid.
- (Inline Editor) Refreshing of the data view will cause the editor frame to display if the item is in the view.
- (Inline Editing) Command New Row works in infinite and summary data views. The last "Row Template" is selected in response to this command to enable inline input of the new row.
- (Touch UI) Page header main icon is consistently aligned with the top of the header in any state of the page.
- (Reading Pane) The reading pane detail is displayed with a fade-in animation if there is no content in the detail area.
- (Touch UI) Tags h1-h6 used to present the field values in grid/list/cards have the font size of 1 element.
- (Touch UI) Sort order icon in the grid header will toggle the sort order if clicked with a mouse pointer.
- (Touch UI) Apps button will display the navigation menu panel on the left side of the screen if the reading pane is enabled.
- (Touch UI) Grid views are resized on the legacy pages with multiple container/data views when the page is resized.
- (Touch UI) The app toolbar will display the text of the left most "icon" button if there is no button bar in the form. This provides a mode of presentation on small form factor found in modern mobile operating systems.
- (Inline Edior) Notification bar is instantly hidden when the inline editor is activated on the field
- (Touch UI) Aggregate values are displayed with the label in the grid.
- (Touch UI) Aggerate bar uses the new cell separator between the values.
- (Touch UI) Tap/click on the tab bar with the navigation icons will switch the focus to provide a fast visual response after navigation has been initiated.
- (Inline Editor) The focus frame shows above the horizontal scrollbar when the new row is entered in the summary view.
- (Touch UI) Collapsible container body hides the overflow content.
- (Touch UI) External URLs are opened in the modal pages if the reading master or derail, or if another modal page is active.
- (Touch UI) Zooming to fullscreen of a modal content page does not raise an exception.
- (Rich Text) Does not create nested paragraphs when the cursor is positioned at the end of the paragraph. Instead a new sibling paragraph is created to ensure a clean document structure.
- (Rich Text) Consistently inserts BR element across all platforms when Shift+Enter is pressed.
- (Touch UI) Enabled ability to configure multiple icon fonts in the app.
- (Touch UI) Tab bar at the bottom of the app senses the notch on the iOS devices and displays the tabs with the padding above the swipe bar.
- (Touch UI) Fixed incorrect positioning of checkbox slider with the footer text.
- (Touch UI) Geolocation map displayed in the forms is rendered in the DPI of the device for the maximum qualify of presentation.
- (Touch UI) Collapsed categories are not expanded when automatic form focus is set in the form.
- (Touch UI) Input focus forces the collapsed category to initialize the layout when the field in the collapsed category needs to be activated.
- (Touch UI ) Added more font size variations for the prompt to click/tap the blob for upload.
- (Touch UI) The toggle for the categories is not selectable anymore.