Code On Time release 126.96.36.199 introduces support for Tools for Excel. This new alternative development environment is an add-in for Microsoft Excel 2010 - 2013. It provides a bird-eye view of project configuration element properties with the ability to make rapid and massive changes. Download Tools for Excel at http://codeontime.com/releases/tools-for-excel and use them alongside the Project Designer built in the application generator.
Application framework in the core of web apps created with Code On Time now supports virtual binary fields that can be stored in the File System, Windows Azure Storage, or Amazon S3. Store your binary content in the external storage systems without writing a single line of code with the help of upload/download adapters. Adapters are implemented without dependencies on the external libraries. All communications with external storage systems are performed through the corresponding REST APIs.
The following features and enhancements were introduced in the new release:
- Code On Time Tools for Excel
- File Upload/Download Adapters
- jQuery 1.9.1 and jQuery UI 1.10.2 are now integrated in the client library.
- Metadata Builder has been enhanced to support cross-synonym references for Oracle databases.
- Auto-refresh of data views will automatically sync a view to show the last selected data row. Auto-refresh will not be performed on form views.
- Implementation of ActionResult.ShowModal will correctly display modal views of the current controller.
The next release with the new preview of the second generation data sheet view will go out soon. We expect to introduce Mobile Client Library and upload/download adapter for Google Drive in May of 2013.