Code On Time release 188.8.131.52 introduces improved long press on touch screens and the ability to control when the auto-complete starts in lookups. The new product activation compatible with v9 is now a part of the product.
Long press is now triggered if the user is holding a field value in the grid/list/cards for 500 milliseconds. The app will display the handy options to sort or filter data.
The long press is also triggered with the mouse.
Auto-complete feature in Touch UI automatically starts when the user stops typing for 300 milliseconds in the input box of a lookup. Fast typing of a longer text value will keep delaying the database lookup. The real-world apps may require a longer text sample to be entered for a useful lookup data to be return. Specify the numeric value in the Auto Complete Minimum Prefix Length property of the lookup data field to delay the lookup until the required number of characters is entered.
Browser-based activation is integrated in this release. The upcoming Code On Time v9 is using the local management app to manage the projects on your device. We have included this management app in the release. The app is launched in the default web browser when the product activation code is clicked at the top of the start page of the generator. Presently the app immediately proceeds to https://my.codeontime.com to assist with the product registration. The future updates will have this app display a list of local projects in the default web browser when the Code On Time is started.
The following features and fixes are included in this release:
- (Touch UI) Eliminated the "thick" header separator in popup menus in native mode.
- (App Gen) Staging instance published to Azure is launched with "https://" protocol.
- (Universal Input) If the selected text in the input is replaced with whitespace(s) by pressing spacebar or pasting in the sequence of spaces, then the input is cleared. Previously the whitespaces remained in the input.
- (Reports) Removed FontFamily tag from the report templates.
- (Reports) Fonts are embedded in PDF output to ensure correct rendering of data on Android.
- (Touch UI) Removed hover/active border on the action bar group items on iOS touch devices
- (Touch UI) Fixed the bug with external URL navigation caused by incompatibility with jQuery 3.5.1
- (Touch UI) Fixed positioning of "cancel" icon in the blob image preview displayed in forms
- (Touch UI) Long press works on field values in grid/list/cards. The context menu that allows quick filtering / sorting is displayed.
- (Touch UI) Drag sensitivity is now set at 9 pixels in either direction to provide a more robust drag detection on modern high resolution touch screens.
- (Touch UI) Long press delay is now 500ms (previously 750).
- (Touch UI) View selector menu is aligned with the menus displayed for action bar groups.
- (Touch UI) Compact density menu items have their height increased by 4 pixels.
- (Touch UI) Dark theme popups have the background color matched to the color of active options in the panels.
- (Touch UI) Long press and right-clicking of the data cells will always display the context menu for the field value. Previously this was the case only when the text in the data cell was long pressed or right-clicked.
- (Touch UI) Fixed the issue with popups closed right after opening when displayed in response to touch.
- (Framework) WrapResponse property of ServiceRequestHandler descendants allows removing the "d" wrapper element from the output. By default the "d" wrapper is always present in the JSON output.
- (App Gen) IP Address verification for new apps ensures that IP addresses are not listed in [Documents]\IISExpress\Config\applicationhost.config. It also ignores any actively occupied IP addresses on the device.
- (Touch UI) Single line bottom border is removed from the last item in the popup list view.
- (Touch UI) Data field property 'Auto Complete Prefix Length' will delay the auto complete lookup until the length requirement is met.