There are two known operational issues:
- Downloading of prerequisites (Report Viewer, CRL Types, and IIS Express) is not working.
- The community site is down.
Read the instructions and explanation below.
Prerequisites Fail to Download
The app generator fails to download the content due to the TLS configuration that is not compatible with the Nuget site as of the middle of June 2020. (Thank you Microsoft).
Please do the following:
1) Make a backup of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Code OnTime LLC\Code OnTime Generator\CodeOnTime.exe"
2) Download the file, right-click the file and choose properties. Click "Unblock" and press OK.
3) Copy the file from the archive over "C:\Program Files (x86)\Code OnTime LLC\Code OnTime Generator\CodeOnTime.exe".
4) Delete/rename [Documents]\Code OnTime folder.
5) Start "Code On Time" app generator, The app generator will copy the files in command line mode, the GUI will be displayed. You will see the downloading of the library from our server.
The next update 18.104.22.168 will include the permanent fix for TLS/SSL issue.
Community Site is Down
Our user community site was hosted for the past 10 years by the 3rd party provider. The provider has ceased supporting and running the site as of June 30, 2020.
We have retained the entire set of data, which includes 45K of topics and replies with 10K images.
The new community (with the retained content) is moving to https://my.codeontime.com. This site is built with Code On Time. The content will be managed with the new Content Maker Add-On
for Code On Time apps. The add-on implements the community forum, ticket-based help desk, blog, documentation, and public content. This add-on provides the foundation for the integrated documentation system of the upcoming v9
The add-on can be integrated in any app built with Code On Time.