Code On Time is pleased to announce immediate availability of a significant revision of the Mobile Client in applications created with Code On Time database application generator. It allows creating mobile database apps with responsive design.
See the latest demo of the mobile client at http://demo.codeontime.com.
Release 188.8.131.52 includes the following features and enhancements that cover mobile and desktop functionality:
- Mobile client enables applications with a sophisticated responsive design.
- Mobile client supports advanced formatting and presentation of lists and forms. Tutorials explaining data field tags used for list formatting are coming out this week.
- Mobile client supports multi-field copy and performs processing of context fields.
- Mobile client supports dedicated login pages. We recommend generated a brand new app with a dedicated login page and copying the “mobile” contents of the Login.ascx markup to your existing dedicated page. The tutorial covering dedicated login will be out this week.
- Mobile client supports confirmation controllers. Try it out here.
- Mobile client works correctly with default values assigned with RowBuilder methods and SQL and Code business rules.
- Mobile client supports native input for date, date-time, numbers, URLs, email, and phone.
- Mobile client scopes page-specific user settings by application and user name.
- Switch "_mobile=true" and "_mobile=false" in the URL will refresh the page after switching mobile/desktop client on desktop devices instead of redirecting to the application home page.
- App generator puts project name in the page header if a header is not provided.
- App generator records project name and type in the root element of DataAquarium.Project.xml.
- Desktop client will correctly display line breaks in fields with Text Mode = "Notes" when rendered in modern browsers.
- Idle user detection configuration will affect the forms authentication timeout in web.config of a generated app by making it five minutes longer than the idle user timeout.
- Unauthorized exception raised when user looses identity due to timeout is enhanced with recommendation to enable idle user detection. The exception will remain in place to prevent unauthorized requests to data controllers.
- Idle status of a user is now checked every minute instead of every 3 minutes.
- Desktop client will not fail when a modal form is closing and control is passed to a grid view with "asc" or "desc" in multi-field sort expressions.
We expect that the release at the end of February 2014 will include mobile support for most of the following features:
- Blob upload/download
- Calculated fields
- Conditional visibility of categories and fields
- Conditional read-only fields
- Filtering capabilities
- Mobile advanced search bar
- “Check Box List” lookup style for many-to-many fields with “basket” functionality
- Dedicated presentation for Auto Complete, Check Box lookup styles.
- Multiple selection of list items
- Tabular display of list items
We are preparing a mobile version of Order Form sample.
The Roadmap 2014 will be published shortly with details about http://cloudontime.com.