An action group is a collections of actions placed in in a specific area of the user interface. Action group scope determines determines if the actions are rendered as:
- Context menu of the first column in grid view
- Push buttons in a dedicated action column of grid view
- Push buttons in the form view
- One and two level menu options on the action bar of any view type
- Push buttons under the selected row of a grid view
Action Group Properties:
|Action Group ID
|Specifies the unique identifier for the action group.
|Specifies the controller that the action belongs to.
|When enabled, actions on the action bar will be displayed individually, instead of under a menu. Only applies to action groups with Scope of “Action Bar”.
|Specifies the text displayed for the action group activator.
|Specifies where the actions are displayed. Available options are: Grid, Action Column, Form, Action Bar, Row.
Learn to work with action groups in the Project Designer.
Learn to drag and drop action groups in the Project Explorer.