Action command Update
now support SaveAndContinue
argument in Touch UI with the release 22.214.171.124. This special argument value changes the behavior of the form after successful completion of Update
command on the server. The form will not return to the previous view and remain in edit mode. It will retrieve the server values and display them to the user. Any visible DataView
fields will be refreshed.
User can continue editing the record. Any server-side changes to the master and detail rows are visible to the user.
We will incorporate Update/SaveAndContinue
action in the "Form" scope in the new projects by default . The new button will be displayed between Save and Cancel buttons in edit
mode. Define this action explicitly to have it in your apps today.
The forms will also start displaying Next and Previous navigation buttons that will perform Update/SaveAndContinue as needed. You can try the hidden "Next" form navigation feature in "read" mode today by pressing Right Arrow
Release 126.96.36.199 introduces the following features and bug fixes:
- (Touch UI) Action with command Update and argument SaveAndContinue will not close the form after successful execution. The form will stay in the current state and refresh the current row with the server data. The form will also sync the child data views.
- (App Gen) New command line option -DataModel changes behavior of -generate and -refresh commands. App generator will not produce the source code when the option is specified. It also resets the data controllers. If the data models are changed manually or via automated scripts then the next execute of -generate command will incorporate the model changes into the app.
- (Framework) New method ActionArgs.AddValues allows adding values to the Values array.
- (Framework) Method SqlStatement.Configure accepts DbCommand parameter. It allows configuration of command properties such as CommandTimeout to be applied to the entire application framework. Create a partial class SqlStatement in Data namespace to override the method.
- (Framework) Server-side API _invoke allows specifying additional path/query information.
- (Framework) OAuth access_token and refresh_token must be non-blank to be written to OAuth configuration. Refreshing of tokens will not cause loss of token.
- (Framework) Site Content now supports ModifiedDate and CreatedDate to allow date-driven manipulation of content in the upcoming Content Add-On.
- (App Gen) Prevented interruption of Project Designer operation when exception "Unable to initialize native support external to the web worker process..." raised while trying to access HTTP cache. The error seems to be have its source in ASP.NET 4.8 HTTP Activation feature.
- (Touch UI) Apps based on Touch UI do not specify data-show-modal-pages attribute on "div" elements representing data views. This setting applies only if Classic UI is also supported.
- (App Gen) File web.config is correctly processed with "regex" expressions when created for the first time.