Saturday, December 29, 2018
Access Control List and “Local” Dates
Code On Time release 188.8.131.52 introduces the permission-based application configuration based on Access Control List. This feature is unique to applications created with Unlimited Edition. Next release of the app generator will introduce permission matrix and permission builder to allow runtime configuration of live applications with ACL.
Release 184.108.40.206 also enabled local time zone presentation of date values stored in UTC format.
The following features and bug fixes are also introduces in this release:
- (App Gen) Files with ProjectName\Services\ApplicationServices.* and ProjectName\Services\EnterpriseApplicationServices.* patterns are not deleted in projects with the framework in the class library when the project is re-generated.
- (Touch UI) My Account option is displayed in *.aspx projects.
- (Framework) ASPX projects turn-off combined/compressed scripts when the app running in debug mode from Visual Studio.
- (Framework) Blob file name is stored in the database at the time of BLOB value submission if the matching "FileName" field is not automatically detected on the client.
- (Framework) Blob handler validates read-access for blob fields by confirmation that the user can “see” the table row corresponding to the specified primary key. It also ensures that the particular BLOB field is also "visible" to the user and was not removed through virtualization of the controller.
- (Framework) Prevented XPath injection attack errors reported by BURPSUITE Professional. Please note that testing methods would not have allowed to exploit the app framework.
- (Framework) Absolute URIs are being used in script reference to appservices, __baseUrl, and __serviceUrl,
- (Touch UI) Pages without content display a site map relative to the page.
- (Project Designer) Dragging of field on a category will remove the corresponding data field from other categories of the same view.
- (Touch UI) Bootstrap is correctly linked to pages in Premium edition.
- (Touch UI) Fixed. Tap on “more” button in child data view will select the row when multiple selection is enabled.
- (Touch UI) Conditional Action Bar actions correctly respond to the changes in the values of the selected row with and without multiple selection.
- (Client Library) Added caching of compiled functions to speed-up dynamic expressions.
- (Touch UI) Only forms cache the current command row as "edit row".
- (Touch UI) Switching of active tab performs full page resize.
- (Client Framework) Added support for second-generation Grid/Cards/List.
- (Framework) Fixed incorrect NullValue label in Classic UI.
- (Model Builder) Single quotes in the name of the table will not cause exceptions displayed when models are rendered.
- (Model Builder) Calculated fields created in Model Builder are not marked as "hidden" in the views of a data controller.
- (Framework) Method AlterControllerWith handles parameters of methods wrapped in single quotes.
- (Wizard) Tabs adjust their height when the window size is changed.
- (Wizard) Models and Entities without Models take up the entire height of the page.
- (Framework) Fixed "Key not found" in one-to-one entity processing causes by unmapped changed fields up the hierarchy of the relationships.
- Fixed the "font" and "image" references in combined stylesheet that were not compatible with modern firewalls.
- (Touch UI) Woff fonts are now returned with a static mime type "application/font-woff".
- (Framework) Fixed incorrect parsing of "end-of-text" terminator in controller customization rules.
- (App Gen) Option autoEventWireup is now set to "true" in ~/Config/CodeOnTime.CodeDom.xml.
- (Designer) Assigned Data Text Field to Field lookup on Data Fields to fix issue where field is shown as empty
- Removed allow nulls=false from Flat Rendering on Action Groups to ensure that user can save the action group if the field is hidden
- (Touch UI) Event 'scrollablepageready.app' is triggered just before the transition to the active page. This allows the Grid 2.0 to render itself.
- (Framework) Method ApplicationServices.ValidateToken will not fail when decrypted invalid token and will return "false" when this happens.
- (Framework) Optimization o f "left join" to "inner join" is performed when access control rules are engaged.
- (Framework) A dedicated connection is created for every Batch Edit or Delete to ensure that optional transactions do not include the entire set of selected records.
- (Framework) The processing loop of custom actions can be interrupted by calling PreventDefault(true).
- (Framework) Fixed transactional processing of 1-to-1 entities and many-to-many fields.
- Exception during the loading faze of Azure publishing wizard.
- (Touch UI) If the data view field has the parent form whose parent is not configured to have the same controller the parent form is chosen as the parent data view.